The development of new gene and cell therapies designed to treat or cure a range of diseases is rising exponentially. However, despite their immense potential, these therapies face significant barriers to patient access, including high costs, regulatory hurdles, and a lack of understanding among stakeholders. In order to secure patient access companies need to demonstrate the product's value to the healthcare ecosystem and patients.
The groundbreaking science of cell and gene therapies is complicated, and without a communications expert on your team refining the details into a digestible and persuasive value narrative, you can be left with complex messaging that your patients, HCPs, and payers all struggle to understand. Crafting unique and persuasive value narratives early on is crucial to overcoming these barriers and improving patient access. When building your value narrative, there’s a lot to factor in:
- Explain the science and innovation: Find new and vibrant ways to explain the complex science and cutting-edge technology behind ATMPs to help build trust and excitement around these groundbreaking therapies.
- Use data to support your story: Use different types of data, such as clinical and economic evidence. Generate cost-effectiveness data ahead of a therapy’s launch to sustain its value narrative. identify and fill any evidence gaps where possible, and outline where future research may be needed.
- Understand your audience and their needs: Tailor your message to the specific needs and interests of your audience, which may include patients, physicians, researchers, regulators, payers, investors, and the general public. As a priority, focus the therapy’s value narrative to payers on how it alleviates the healthcare system’s clinical and cost burdens and provides value to patients.
- Consider the perspectives of all stakeholders: Highlight the benefits of ATMPs, address concerns around safety, efficacy, and affordability, and ensure your narrative speaks to the needs of patients, payers, healthcare professionals, and regulators.
- Craft a compelling narrative: Start with the problem your innovation solves, describe the benefits of your innovation, and connect your innovation to the people it helps. Telling these stories can create an emotional connection between your innovation and your audience.
- Leverage the power of visual aids: Use visual aids such as charts, graphs, infographics, videos, and animations to communicate complex scientific concepts and data to your audience in a clear and visually appealing way.
- Engage stakeholders through storytelling: Use narratives, anecdotes, and personal experiences to convey your message and create an emotional connection with your audience.
Do you need help with building the value narrative for your innovation? Don't hesitate to contact us.
*** Our blog posts prioritize brevity and clarity ***